27 Dec Quick and easy snacks for work and school: tortilla wraps
Lunch breaks always feel short, and sometimes it’s not easy to figure out what to eat. We need something that will keep us going for the rest of the day and, at the same time, something that’s not too fattening or unhealthy.
Oftentimes choose bland foods for ourselves and our children, just because they’re healthy. Other times, we go for the tasty, high-calorie foods that increase our energy… and out waist circumference.
Over the next weeks, we’ll go through some quick and easy recipes that you can prepare for work or school.
Let’s start off with one of my favourites: Tortilla wraps
Tortilla wraps can contain any number of ingredients. Have some leftovers from last night? Just stuff them in a roll and take it with you tomorrow! The roll I will show you is a light and low-calorie choice, but feel free to improvise.
Ingredients (1 person)
- 1 medium sized tortilla
- 1 tablespoon 2% yoghurt
- 2 slices smoked turkey cut in strips
- 1 slice leerdammer cheese cut in strips (other yellow cheeses will do too)
- ½ cups of chopped lettuce
- 1 knife
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup
- Heat the tortilla for 15 seconds in a pan (no oil)
- Spread yoghurt on it
- Add lettuce in the centre of the tortilla
- Add cheese and turkey strips
- Mix with hands, making sure to keep the ingredients in the centre of the tortilla
- Wrap the tortilla (Instructions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VISogdR_Jts)
- You can eat it straight away or stick it in the fridge and keep it for later
Calories: 310 calories per wrap
Protein: 19gr per wrap